June 25, 2011

Si Mbak Parti


Well, ok..a lil bit weird in title, but trust me, I wont write about 'Mbak Parti' (who is she anyway?-:p), coz in this post I will write my 'party' experience. If I might say, I'm not a kind of party girl, not even such party there back home (read: wedding party). I dont know why, I just feel unconfortable with the crowd. If I go to the wedding party, it means, that it's a special one, like my best friend wedding or just simply I have to come. Though if I have to choose, I defintely prefer not to go.

Unfortunately, in here I have to face kind of 'worse party than just wedding party'. Well it's not really that bad actually, but compared to those parties back home, I could say that it is (sorry) worse. Why worse? First, sometime I only have limited kind of food that could be eaten. And some people are just so curious why I can't eat this and that, blabla. The thing that they know is I am forbidden to eat pork and drink alcohol, that's all. It seems that they don't really get why I could not also eat beef and chicken though Ive already explained. Once my friend had asked someone who in charge of a party, he asked to serve the halalan food and as I predicted before, they could not provide halalan food (ya iyalah...bletak!). Then I just asked them to provide seafood.

Second is communication problem. Yaya,it's just me, who is so silly, living in Japan but could not speak and understand Japanese, hoho.. Thus I could not enjoy the party since Im lonely-:(. FYI, last semester, in my lab I am the only international student who uses English as my primary language, and the other students could not speak English well. There are also several international students, but they are Korean and Chinese who use Japanese as their primary language here, too bad! And another additional reason, I simply dont like seeing people get drunk, because I'm not used to see drunk people.

Unfortunately, I could not escape from attending a party. My senior said that for Japanese, party is important. If you don't come it will mean: 1) for sensei and senior, you are not respecting them; 2) for your friends, you don't want to play with them; and 3) for the juniors, you are ignoring them. So that, I always try to come, though it's torturing.. *drama queen*. But anyway, once I have a nice party here. It's a party at my program, Human Security. It's nice, since the majority food served is seafood, and all the students are foreigners, so we communicated in Englis, yeaaahh...-:). Oooh, how I do hope that there weren't a party that should be attended...again-:)).

No comments:

Post a Comment