August 24, 2011

Eternal love

Last night I read my friend's post at his blog [here], and suddenly I remembered my conversation with one of my friends. She said that it is understandable if someone want to live far away from his/her parents without any bonding feeling. So, it is okay if you live separately from your parents and you do not even call them or visit them. For me this is silly idea, how come it is understandable or okay? That is your parents. But she argued that not all people have a good relation with their parents, not all people think their parents are their best friend or their hero. And she also said I might not understand that since I have a very good relation with my parents. So I just keep silent, I do not know what to say at that time. I just thought that is it true, if you dont have a good realation with your parents back then, then you lost that bonding feeling? When I come to another argument that taking care our parents is an obligation in our religion, she said it is for men, while women only have obligation to her husband. Is that so?

Well, I dont want to give any comment about the religion side, whether it is obligation or not. I just want to view the picture from my senses. Apart from the relation back then, have we ever realized what have our parents done for us? They both have raised us, with much love or without any love you could remember, but still they took care of us, right? Feed you, taught you, paid you, protected you. Parents are also human, they might make mistakes. They might not as perfect as you have dreamed of, not as warm and lovely as you might wish of, but I think they might do their best for you. Have you ever counted what they have done for you? Could you pay those back?

IMHO, I still can't understand someone's opinion who think that after grown up, our parents are another strange person, who live separately from us and no longer have connection with us. Some people might have different experience back then, but do you still have heart to remember your parents kindness? Please see this video below, and do think back what have your parents done for you, and what have you done for your parents, have it been equal? My personal answer is no. Thus I always found myself wept seeing this video-:((.


video courtessy of you tube @rajeshn765

2 comments:

  1. Pembahasan yang menarik. Saya sendiri bisa memahami pendapat yang diutarakan teman Anda. Karena saya juga tidak memiliki hubungan yang cukup dekat dengan orang tua. Kalau orang tua sedang beergian jauh, jarang kayaknya berasa kangen. Dan itu memang mungkin terjadi kalau hubungan attachment antara anak dan orang tua tidak begitu baik. Tapi bukan berarti jadi ga merasa ada hubungan sama sekali yang mengarah lupa sama orang tua juga sih. Hanya rasa kangen itu memang jarang muncul aja.

    ReplyDelete
  2. understood..tapi tetep bonding itu ada kan...bukan berarti kita gag pernah nelfon atau gag pernah berkunjung lagi...imho

    ReplyDelete